Tuesday 20 January 2015

A year in pictures

 I'm having trouble realizing that we're already approaching February, and that I've been blogging for over a year. Right now I'm still in Norway where the roads are covered in snow and it's impossible to walk or drive. So to acknowledge the fact that it's actually 2015 and that I have 1.5 years left at Brookes, I thought I could share some pictures of the past year.

So without further ado, here are some of my highlights from 2014


January 


The John Henry Brookes Building finally opened    


February


A visit from Norway included a tour followed by an happy hour experience at our local pub 


March




















You know you live in the UK when it's a highlight that the spring arrived and you got to enjoy a whole day of not only no rain but sun too! 








March was also the month when Brookes hosted an historic event at the Ashmolean Museum in Oxford. The event marked the start of Brookes' 150th anniversary. My favorite was definitely the talking robot on the left. 


April 









In April, during Easter, I went totally crazy with cultural stuff and visited both the Blenheim Palace and Stratford Upon Avon. 




 Another highlight of April was this afternoon tea. Looks delicious, right?


May


Need I say more? Don't think so. 


June, July, August 


This pretty much sums up my summer.


September 






















The transition from being a fresher to a second year student made me crazy. The list on the right just kept on expanding until the very end.  



October




Another visit from Norway and of course a mandatory trip to London, which in this case also included a trip to the Emirates Stadium. 



November




This picture is actually pretty international. Taken in Oxford, by a Norwegian, with a Mexican, and a German dog. 


December 


No caption needed I guess. 



I just want to end this by thanking you for reading my blog. I hope you at least find it somewhat useful. 2014 was definitely a challenging year but I've also experienced so much fun stuff. All in all, a pretty good year!

Let's hope 2015 is even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment