Tuesday 10 February 2015

Dream big or go home


Have you ever thought about what your future will look like after uni? If you'll be successful or not? Whether or not you'll reach that high goal of yours? I have from time to time, and I guess we all do at some point.


The first week of the second semester is already over, and by looking of the pile of books and my calendar I'm pretty sure this semester will be harder than the last. In five weeks I'm handing in the title of my dissertation, and although I have a pretty good idea about what I want to do, I don't know if my supervisor shares that opinion. I guess I'll have to wait and see!

At least one thing is for sure; I've chosen the modules of my dreams. There's no secret that International Relations is my passion, and particularly security, so when I realized that all the modules I've chosen for this semester more or less are concerned with security, I was really pleased. Although I know it's a lot of hard work throughout this  semester, I'll at least have fun whilst reading and writing those essays! 





Another thing that's probably going to affect the next couple of months, at least in terms of excitement, is an internship that I've applied for. If I get it, it will be like a dream come true. It's exactly what I want to do after my masters degree, so I'm keeping my fingers (and toes) crossed. I know I've got what it takes, but as they're only offering two internships I know the competition will be tough. But dream big or go home, right?



Anyway, whilst I was back in Norway for Christmas, I got an email from Brookes saying that the flat we currently live in won't be available for students next academic year. Thank God I popped into the accommodation office as soon as we got back to book viewings of other flats. I have probably mentioned this before, but as a Brookes student you can choose between halls, shared, and private accommodation. Shared housing basically means that you live off campus with either Brookes as a landlord or a private one. When this list is published the flats get taken super fast, so if you want one you need to be quick. When I walked into the accommodation office there were students everywhere applying for halls and shared housing, and luckily for my boyfriend and I the flat we originally wanted when we first moved to Oxford was available. Can I just say that it's the most amazing flat ever?! It's right next to Headington Campus, and the bus stop is literally right outside the door. I can't wait to move in and write my dissertation in a really spacious room.

So if you're reading this and you're thinking about applying, hurry up! Now I'm going to celebrate with reading the UN Global Governance Report. Yay!

2 comments:

  1. Hi

    I was on the hunt for some advice for students and found your website.

    I really like that you offer an impartial advice service for university students

    Actually, I just put together an infographic guide to end of tenancy cleaning aimed at students. The idea is to make sure students keep as much of their deposit as possible.

    As someone who writes about this area I thought you may get a kick out of it :)

    Let me know if you want to check it out.

    Cheers,
    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes such attractive experience that you have showed.i personally like it.I hope in future you appear more more info like this.keep it up ...


    Cheapest student accommodation in Preston | Liberty Living Preston

    ReplyDelete